Laser Hair Removal
How Laser/IPL Hair Removal works
Contrary to other treatments, hairs are not vaporised by the Pulsar treatment the hair follicles are killed by the heat but the hairs remain in the skin and often become attached to the epidermis. They will fall out after 1 to 3 weeks as the epidermis is renewed. During this period it will seem that the hairs are growing as the epidermis pushes them out.
The visible light is completely safe so no special precautions are needed apart from glasses for the brightness. The skin of some clients becomes quite red immediately after treatment. However, most clients experience no side effect at all and the described skin reaction above usually disappears within hours. Unlike electrolysis the Pulsar treatment is non-invasive.
Dark hairs are most easily treated due to the large concentration of dark melanin in these, which gives maximum absorption and conversion of light energy to heat. Very fair hair has less melanin and consequently less heat is produced making it slightly less certain of permanent destruction of the hair follicles. Grey (white) hair has almost no melanin and cannot be efficiently treated. The Pulsar computer has pre-programmed treatment suggestions for different hair and pigment types.
Why do I need a course of Laser/IPL hair removal treatment?
Does Laser/IPL hair reduction hurt?
How much does hair removal treatment cost?
How often will I need to come for my laser hair removal treatment?
Why choose Estetika Clinic?
What happens after a IPL/laser hair removal treatment?
- No hot baths or showers – tepid only
- No heat treatments i.e. saunas and steam rooms
- No deodorant, perfumes or scented body lotions/creams
- No swimming or Jacuzzis
- No steam ironing or cooking over boiling saucepans
How should I prepare for IPL/laser hair reduction treatment?
- Do not use products containing retinol or strong AHA fruit acids prior to or during your laser hair removal treatment
- Do not bleach or use depilators for at least 1 week prior to treatment or perfumed/aromatherapy products for 24-48 hours before treatment
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before treatment
- Avoid wearing tight clothing when attending the treatment
- Keep the area clean and dry
- Physical sunblock should be worn at all times on areas visible to sunlight (SPF 30)
- Avoid sun exposure and sun beds for 4 weeks before treatment
- Avoid use of irritants or stimulant solutions or creams on the area
- Do not use any other form of hair removal except shaving during your treatment programme and shave no earlier than 2-4 days after treatment
- Should area appear red or tender then apply recommended aftercare gel or apply ice or cooling gel packs which can improve comfort and reduce redness and swelling
- Do not use fake tanning products for two weeks prior to treatments including spray tanning and tinted moisturisers
The facial treatment usually takes 10 minutes whereas both legs and/or an entire back take approximately 1.5 hours. For most clients up to six to eight treatments with a six to eight week interval is sufficient to remove virtually all hairs on the body. Facial hair may require more treatments. After the first treatment most clients get a significant reduction in hair density also new grown hairs tend to become finer. It is important to know that the first treatment is believed to synchronize the anagen (growth) phase of the non-anagen hairs. This may cause what seems to be re-growth but which is actually just the sleeping hairs starting to grow at the same time (new growth). This in turn makes the next treatment(s) more effective.